Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Better for you Strawberry Banana Bread

I was bored and I had some (just about to get slightly soft) strawberries that I know my daughter would find "under par" for her tastes so I decided to make something with them.  I also had some aging bananas.  Viola! Strawberry banana bread!  I substituted light sour cream for oil, in my attempt to make this healthier.

1 3/4c sliced strawberries
1/4c sliced banana (cut into half moon shape)
1 mashed banana
1/2c light sour cream
1 egg
2c all purpose flour
1/2tsp baking soda
1/2tsp baking powder
1/2tsp cinnamon
1/2c light brown sugar
1 1/2tsp vanilla

Preheat the oven to 325˚.  Spray a 8"x4" loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.  In a large bowl, mash 1 banana and add the sour cream, mix well.  In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and powder, and cinnamon.  Add the egg, vanilla to the mashed banana/sour cream mixture.  Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet, mixing well.  Fold in the sliced strawberries and sliced banana carefully.  Pour mix into pan.  Bake on middle rack for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.  This will make your house smell heavenly!  Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment