Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Kindle love affair.

My Kindle.  My most prized possession.  While I love "real" books, there is something so satisfying about carrying 1,000 books in my purse.  Let me start off by warning you that I LOVE dystopian novels.  Maybe it's that alternate world I get transported to.  Or maybe its that today's world is scary enough, and the future worlds in these novels make it seem less frightening?  I am not sure, but the fact is that I love them.  For my first post I am going to list my recent reads, and tell you why you MUST read them.  :)


1.  The Hunger Games (as well as Catching Fire and Mockingjay) by Suzanne Collins (my hero) - DUH.  I am not even going to elaborate on why.


2.  Divergent by Veronica Roth- Trust me, this series IS the next "Hunger Games".  I am counting down the minutes until book #2 (Insurgent) is released on May 1st.  AND I love that she is from Chicago, the story is set in Chicago and vicinity (where I live), oh I just love the whole thing.  Go ahead.  Read it.  Try to tell me you could put it down for a second.  


3.  Delirium (and Pandemonium) by Lauren Oliver - Book #3 of this series will not be released until February 2013. Oh. My. God.  That is TOO long to wait.  This book took me a few chapters to get hooked, but then it took me less than 24 hours to finish both.  Yes, my husband and kids were on their own once again while I entered another world.  That happened with The Hunger Games as well.  No one speak to me, feed and bathe yourselves, mom isn't here.  


I just started "Legend" by Marie Lu...so more on that later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment