Saturday, March 24, 2012

"The Hunger Games" movie, my little review.

First of all, this was the best book to movie adaptation I have seen....I think that was largely due to the fact that Suzanne Collins co-wrote the screenplay.  The acting was superb, Jennifer Lawrence is definitely going somewhere good with her career.  I had my doubts about Josh Hutcherson as Peeta....not how I pictured him but he won me over.  On that note, there are things that I wish could have been included.

They needed to develop Haymitch a bit more, they barely touched on his alcoholism and why he was that way.

They changed where she got the mockingjay pin from...completely cut out the mayor's daughter.  I understand why they had to do it but I think her slight friendship with that girl made Katniss not seem so harsh.

They did not put Katniss's relationship with her father in at all, and that disappointed me.  They did not talk about him at all really, except that he was dead.  Same thing for why she had a hard relationship with her mother.  I think that all needed to be touched on more to develop her relationship with Prim.

Peeta and Katniss.  The cave seen was the most disappointing to me.  They did not develop their relationship enough at all.  They cut out all of the moments between them at the capitol before the games began pretty much.  They cut out the long conversations between them in the cave.  For the people who are seeing the movie and have not read the books, they just won't "get" it.  They won't understand Katniss's conflicted feelings.  Maybe she loves him, maybe she doesn't.  They just make it seem like she doesn't.

In the end, the film was GREAT, casting was GREAT, acting was GREAT. The way it was filmed was GREAT.  But the book is better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment