Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The I'm-not-from-the-Caribbean-but-I-created-this Jerk Rub

I am sure this rub would go well on pork too, but tonight I put it on Chicken.  This is slightly sweet, slightly spicy, very delicious!  You can grill the meat, but I was iffy on the amount of propane we had so I sautéed the chicken breasts (I also served with the roasted butternut squash recipe I have below...they pair VERY well together!)

This recipe is for 3-4 breasts

2Tbl brown sugar
1Tbl onion powder
2tsp dried thyme
1/2tsp ground cinnamon
1/2tsp cayenne pepper
2tsp ground allspice
1/2tsp kosher salt
2tsp ground black pepper
dash of ground ginger
dash of chili powder
2Tbl vegetable oil  (enough to make it a pasty rub)

combine in a small bowl.

spread this on both sides of the chicken breasts, or pork...whatever you choose.  Make sure you push it down on to it so it creates a crust and sticks.

I sautéed mine in a bit of olive oil, it creates a crust that is so good!



No comments:

Post a Comment